RUS Bulletin 1780-26
Advertisement for Bids
City of Clare
202 West Fifth Street
Clare, MI 48617
Separate sealed Bids for the construction of 2011 Wastewater Treatment Facility Upgrades, Effluent Ammonia Reduction Improvements (Funded by USDA Rural Development and ARRA Funds)
A. The Work under this contract consists of the following listed items and includes, but
is not limited to, the furnishing of all labor, materials, tools and equipment, to
properly install, construct or complete as indicated on the drawings and
- Supply, unload, storage, installation and testing of the “Webitat for Lagoons Fixed Media System” as manufactured by Entex Technologies, Inc. Refer to Section 00300 – Entex Technologies, Inc. Quote No. 4489D, for details.
- The work also includes all supply, storage, installation and testing of all interconnecting aeration piping, fittings and valves above and below ground associated with the “Webitat for Lagoons Fixed Media System”, as indicated on the drawings and specifications.
- The work also includes all supply, storage, installation and testing of electrical connections, wiring and conduit associated with the “Webitat for Lagoons Fixed Media System”, as indicated on the drawings and specifications.
- The work also includes all supply, storage, installation and testing of proposed surface aerators.
- The work also includes all supply, storage, installation and testing of electrical connections associated with the proposed surface aerators.
- The work also includes supply, storage, installation and testing to provide expansion of existing OPTO 22 control system to incorporate the “Webitat of Lagoons Fixed Media System”.
- Replace the existing 480V Square D Model 5 8 section normal power MCC and the 2 section emergency power MCC with new.
- Site restoration.
will be received by the City of Clare at their office located at 202 West Fifth Street, Clare,
MI 48617 until 11:00 am , (Local Time) on July 1, 2011 , and then at said office
publicly opened and read aloud.
This contract is funded in whole or in part using funds from the American Recovery and
Reinvestment Act (ARRA). Section 1605 of the ARRA prohibits the use of these funds
unless all iron, steel, and manufactured goods are produced in the United States. All iron
and steel manufacturing processes must take place in the United States, except for
RUS Bulletin 1780-26
metallurgical processes involving refinement of steel additives. There is no requirement for
the origin of components and subcomponents of manufactured goods. Products listed at 48 CFR 25.104(a) have been determined to be unavailable in the United States and if required for the project may be purchased from foreign sources. No unauthorized use of foreign iron, steel, and/or manufactured goods will be allowed on this project.
This project requires compliance with:
– USDA Rural Development
– Davis-Bacon/Prevailing Federal Wages, including Labor Standards Provisions
– Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Requirements
– Requirements under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
The Contract Documents may be examined at the following location(s):
1. Gourdie-Fraser, Inc., 123 W Front Street, Traverse City, MI 49684
2. City of Clare, 202 West Fifth Street, Clare, MI 48617
3. McGraw-Hill Dodge Reports & Builder’s Exchanges will have Contract Documents
– Subscribe to email updates for this blog to keep on pace with changes to the bid documents and planholders lists.
Copies of the Contract Documents may be obtained from Gourdie-Fraser,, Inc. located at
123 W Front Street, Traverse City, MI 49684; 231-946-5874, upon payment:
Plans and Specifications – Paper copy $ 75.00 (Non-Refundable)
Plans and Specifications – C.D. version $ 25.00 (Non-Refundable)
Payment must be received prior to release of Plans and Specifications. Faxed checks will not be accepted. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. If shipping plans to Contractors through overnight mail an additional fee of $20.00 will be charged.
For a list of planholders, please subscribe to email updates on this blog. Builder’s Exchanges are authorized to share the contract documents with other exchanges.
Bidders are responsible to research Addendums and Acknowledge Addendums on the Bid
form. Addendums will be posted on this blog as they are available.
Each Bidder must deposit with their Bid, security in the amount and form as specified by the conditions provided in the Information for Bidders. Bids not accompanied by a proper Bid bond or certified check in the amount stated in the documents, or received after the above date and time will not be considered. Fax transmittals of Bids or Bid bonds will not be accepted.
RUS Bulletin 1780-26
No Bidder may withdraw their Bid within 90 days after the actual date of Bid opening.
The Owner reserves the right to waive any informalities or to reject any or all Bids.